- Make sure the tank is full of cold water.
- Check to see if the ready light is on. The heater may take up to a minute to heat. If the ready light does not illuminate, make sure power cord is plugged into a functioning outlet.
- Check for water in the filter. When the filter is new, it may take a couple of minutes for the machine to pump water through it. The machine may make a louder noise while it is doing this, but should soon subside. The filter can be soaked in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes to saturate it.
- Check for steam with tank and filter off the unit, by pouring a small amount of cold water into the hole where the filter connects to the unit and depress the trigger.
Check the trigger for tension. If there is no tension, remove the upper handle and realign the handle screw. If there is still no tension, a replacement handle can be ordered from BISSELL Consumer Services either online at www.bissell.com or by phone at 1-800-263-2535 Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. or Saturdays from 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. ET.
- Check for steam at the spray tip with mop head removed by taking off the single screw at the base of the unit. (**CAUTION: The spray tip may be hot**). If there is no steam at the spray tip, unplug the machine and insert a paperclip into the nozzle opening to remove a possible blockage. If there is steam from the spray tip, the mop head may be clogged. Pour white vinegar through the top of the Mop Head to clear the clog.
If these suggestions do not correct the issue, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services at 1-800-263-2535 Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. or Saturdays from 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. ET.