1. First, make sure you’re not holding the trigger.
2. Make sure the solution tube is properly inserted into the base, as shown below.
3. Make sure that the cap and cap insert are attached to the formula tank correctly. The black gasket should be attached to the end of the formula tank cap (see picture below).
4. Make sure there’s a black rubber gasket on the top of the collection tank (see picture below). If it’s not, see if it’s fallen and reattach it. If the gasket is missing, please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!
5. Check both tanks for leaks. If there’s a leak, the tank will need to be replaced.
Collection tank: http://canada.bissell.com/collection-tank?productid=60P4
Solution tank: http://canada.bissell.com/solution-tank-with-cap-and-insert-2036918?productid=60P4