1. First, turn your deep cleaner off and unplug it. Remove the solution and collection tanks.
2. Lay the deep cleaner down to access the bottom. With a With a Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew the belt cover and remove it. You can now access and remove the brush and belt. Remove the belt by sliding off the motor pulley. Details on removing the brush are pictured below:
3. Clean off debris from the brush. Be sure to check the brush ends for buildup. If the brush is broken, you can replace it here: http://canada.bissell.com/dirtlifter-powerbrush-2035546?productid=16W5
If the belt is broken, you can order a replacement here:
4. To reassemble, attach the belt to motor pulley and the brush. Insert the brush into the right side end cap. Reattach the left end cap and slide the brush back into place. Replace the belt cover and screw it into place. Finally, manually rotate brush to make sure it rotates freely and that the belt is aligned properly.
5. If you’re still stuck, at this point it might be best to take your deep cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.