1. The pre-motor and post motor filters may be missing or installed incorrectly. Ensure they’re correctly installed (see above).
2. Make sure the dirt container is empty and is seated correctly.
3. Check that the upholstery hose is installed into the lower hose completely and correctly. If you’re using the upholstery hose and dust is blowing from the lower hose, turn the brush off and lock the unit upright. You may also need to vacuum the area more thoroughly.
4. Make sure there are no cracks or holes in the upholstery hose or the lower hose. If it’s damaged, please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!
5. If the vacuum is still blowing dust, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.