1. First, check to make sure both the power switch and the heater switch are turned on.
2. Next, check the Heater Light; is it illuminated? If it’s not and the heater switch is turned on, it might be best to take your carpet cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.
3. The heater will increase the water temperature by 25°. Start with hot tap water in the bladder. (Never boiling or water heated in the microwave!)
4. Allow heater to warm up for about 2 minutes.
5. Remember: the upholstery hose does not spray water that’s heated beyond the level of the hot tap water you put into the bladder.
Still need help? Please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!