- Make sure the collection tank is not full.
- Make sure the collection tank is seated correctly.
- Make sure the handle is locked upright to ensure a good connection between the tank and the rear cover gasket.
- Check for any damage with the collection tank cap.
- Check the diverter knob is set to the tools setting.
- Check the motor duct for suction. To locate, remove the water tank. The motor duct has a rubber gasket that is oblong. With the power on, place your hand over the hole for suction.
If there is still no suction, call BISSELL Consumer Services toll free at 1-800-263-2535 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. A representative will assist you.