1. First, make sure you were pressing and holding the trigger.
2. Next, see if there’s solution in the tank. If there’s not, fill the clean water tank. If there is, go on to the next step.
3. If there’s solution in the tank, check that the clean water tank is inserted properly. Try removing and reinserting it.
4. Check the valve on the bottom of the clean water tank to make sure water comes through when the x valve (inside the tip of the cap) is depressed. If water doesn’t come out when the x valve is pressed, the valve may be blocked internally.
5. Make sure the handle is installed properly. Remove the handle by unscrewing a screw in the middle of the machine, right behind the clean water tank. Re-attach it, making sure handle is pushed down all the way and the screw is inserted straight. Improper handle assembly could prevent proper spray.
6. Check for debris on the five spray holes. These can be found on the underside of the base. Clean them with soft brush (an old tooth brush works great).
7. If this doesn’t work and there’s still no spray, please take your cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.