1) The Deep Clean Premier’s™ brushes turn ONLY if the machine handle is reclined. If the machine’s handle is upright, the brushes will NOT turn.
Machine handle upright = brushes will NOT turn
Machine handle reclined = brushes should turn
2) Make sure your machine is unplugged. Check your brushes, are they damaged? If so, you’ll need to replace the brushes. To order the brushes, click on this link: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=product&productid=26052
3) If your brushes are OK, check the brush belt which is the shorter belt on the cord side of the machine and be sure it’s not broken. The shorter belt hooks over the motor-pulley and attaches to the gear on the end of the brush. The longer belt of the 2 brush belts is on the non-cord side, and connects the 2 brushes together. Page 14 in the User Guide can assist you with the belt change.
4) Once you’ve confirmed the brushes are OK and belts are intact, turn the brushes by hand. If they turn by hand, plug your machine, turn the power on and see if the brushes start turning. Sometimes, they start so quickly and spin so fast they don’t appear to be spinning.
5) If the steps above hasn’t fixed the issue, please stop using the machine and take to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a technician check it.
You can locate one of our Authorized Service Centers by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/.