- Please check the water level in the tank. It is imperative that the water level be at the full line when beginning your cleaning. Because this machine is gravity fed; if the water level drops too low, there will not be enough pressure to release the fluid.
- Please make sure that the siphon tube for the autoload insert (on the water tank) is perfectly aligned with the front and back of the tank. If the tube is turned to the right side or the left side of the tank the unit will not spray.
- Please check the vent hole on the tank. This hole is clearly marked and the water level must not be above this hole. The vent hole must also be clear.
- Please check the spray bar on your machine. The spray bar is removable so you may take this off if desired and inspect the spray holes to ensure that they are clear.
- Try removing and reinstalling the handle/screw assembly. The trigger mechanism is contained inside the handle. Occasionally it is possible for this part to become misaligned. To check for proper handle installation, try turning the handle from side to side and try to pull the metal part of the handle up or down....if properly installed neither of the previous actions should be possible.
If these suggestions do not solve the problem, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center for inspection. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Center tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box on the right of the page to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-263-2535 and choosing option #2.