Below are the instructions for deep cleaning with the BISSELL Big Green. The instructions include the necessary parts for each job.
How to deep clean carpet:
1. Remove dry filter bag (part # 010-3531) from ball cage (part # 013-1526).
2. Remove formula measuring cup (part # 013-3004) from filling cavity on side of tank unit.
3. Pour two gallons of hot water (temperature should not exceed 120 degrees F/48 degrees C) into filling cavity until level reaches three vertical lines in tank unit.
4. Shake bottle of BISSELL Fiber Cleansing Formula. Fill measuring cup to fill line (10 ounces). Empty measuring cup into filling cavity and replace measuring cup.
5. Plug power cord into approved grounded outlet.
1. Pre-treat highly soiled areas: Press pump/spray switch on, hold floor nozzle (part # 555-9005) 4" - 6" above soiled carpet, and pull trigger (part # 216-4181) to spray cleaning solution.
2. Wait 5 - 10 minutes. Scrub tough stains with floor nozzle brush.
1. Press on pump/spray and vacuum/suction switches. Place floor nozzle directly on carpet at arm's length. Pull trigger to spray cleaning solution while pulling wand toward you.
2. Repeat, keeping floor nozzle firmly against carpet surface. Continue until no more dirt can be removed. Do not over-wet.
3. Release spray trigger. Suction area until no more cleaning solution can be removed.
4. Continue to clean entire carpet, working in 3' x 4' sections.
5. If the machine loses suction, stops spraying and/or motor noise rises in pitch, empty the tank [see WHEN YOU'RE DONE, below]. Failure to empty tank will damage unit.
6. If floor nozzle stops spraying, turn off pump immediately and check cleaning solution level. Never run pump dry.
When you are finished:
1. Press off pump/spray and vacuum/suction switches. Unplug from outlet.
2. Remove siphon tube assembly, flip down carrying handle and lift power unit from tank unit.
3. Carry tank unit to a toilet or sink to empty. With carrying handle in one hand, place other hand in gripping slot under filling cavity on tank unit. Lift and pour to empty.
4. Make sure ball and ball cage are firmly seated on raised area. Replace power unit and lock in place with carry handle.
For more information, please contact a BISSELL Consumer Services Representative by calling 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.