Use the following steps if the brushes on your SmartClean® Robotic Vacuum won't spin:
If one or both of your unit's edge brushes are not spinning:
NOTE: Your machine should be charged and turned off.
- Turn your machine over and remove both edge brushes by grasping a cluster of bristles and pulling up. Clear away any obstructions (hair, string, etc.).
- Reattach both edge brushes by snapping them back into place. Power your machine on to see if the brushes will spin.
If your machine's center brush roll won't spin:
- If one or both brushes still won't spin, please contact us. A representative will be happy to assist you.
NOTE: If your machine is being used to clean high pile carpet/rug, this type of flooring causes it to cease suction and power down. This unit is not intended for cleaning high pile carpet/rug.
Your machine should be charged and turned off.
- Turn your machine over and remove the brush roll cover by lightly prying the thin edge towards the front of the vacuum to expose the brush.
- Remove the brush roll by pinching the brush roll end nearest the white cap and shifting it the opposite way. Clear away any obstructions (hair, string, etc.).
- Reattach the brush roll by inserting the end with the metal peg back into the gold gasket. Push slightly to engage the spring and guide the other end of the brush roll into place. The black, squared end of the brush roll must align with the white cap and pop into place.
- Replace the brush roll cover by first inserting the tabs on the wider edge into place and then pushing the thin side down into place. Power your machine on to see if the brush will spin.