- Check to ensure collection tank is not full.
- Check motor duct which is located on top of the foot of the vacuum across from floor nozzle gasket. With the power "on", place hand over the hole to check for suction. If no suction, take your machine to a Bissell authorized service center.
- Make sure lint screen is free of debris.
- Check floor nozzle window to ensure it is screwed down properly. If there is a ¼” gap between the window where it wraps around to the side of the unit, and the base on the slanted section, reinstall window. This gap can be eliminated by installing the tabs at the top of the window, hold it in place, then push up from the bottom of the window to bow the window, push it against the unit and then evenly slide it down into place.
- Check the tank lid for any damage. Make sure the lid is locked on the bottom tank assembly.
- Check float and baffle to ensure they are properly installed. The widest portion of the float rests inside the tank assembly and the thin portion sits on top of the baffle. If the machine is still not functioning properly, please contact your local BISSELL Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-263-2535 and choosing option #1.