- Make sure the power cord is plugged into a working outlet.
- Check the foam filter (regular filter is yellow, the Febreze filter is black) located in the lower filter tray and clear out any dirt and debris. Wash with cold water or replace as needed. Allow the filter to completely air dry before putting it back into the machine.
To order replacement filters, click on these links:
Non-Scented Yellow Filter:
- Reduced air-flow from a dirty filter or clogs will put greater stress on the motor, increasing the possibility for overheating and the machine will shut down or “Trip” the breaker.
- Is the machine plugged into an extension cord? If so, remove the extension cord and try the machine in another outlet.
- Check the amp limit of your circuit breakers, the circuit may keep “tripping” if additional appliances are plugged into the same circuit. If nothing else is plugged into the circuit, there is a good chance it will not “trip.”
- If the machine is still tripping the breaker, please take the machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a technician check it.
You can locate one by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers