- Check if there is liquid in the solution bottle.
- Make sure the solution bottle is seated properly in the deep cleaning machine. Also, check the auto load gasket to make sure this is in place on top of the insert/bottle.
- Check the siphon tube in the formula tank to make sure it isn't being blocked by the wall of the tank.
- Unplug your deep cleaning machine from the outlet, and check for debris at the spray tip. If clogged, remove the spray tip by pushing the spray tip cover backward toward the wheels of the unit and lift the cover off. Remove the spray tip by pulling up on it. Make sure the gasket is present; there will be two black rings. Clean both ends of the spray tip by soaking it in warm water or blowing air through it. Also, make sure the spray tip housing is clean.
- Check for tension in the trigger. If there is no tension, the handle may need to be replaced. To order call Bissell Consumer Services at 1 (800) 237-7691, Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. ET or Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.ET.
- Try priming your deep cleaning machine by filling both tanks with water. Turn on the machine and pump the trigger for one full minute. If you still do not have spray, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
To contact Consumer Services by phone, please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.