1. First, check your pre-motor filter. This is a foam pad located in a clear window marked “filter” behind the dirt cup. It may be missing or installed incorrectly. Check the User Guide (available online) for instructions on installation and maintenance.
2. Your HEPA Filter may be missing. Make sure the filter is correctly installed by removing the dirt container. The HEPA filter will be located under where the dirt container sits. It should be clean and free of debris. The HEPA Filter is not washable. If the HEPA Filter is missing, you can order a new one by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2464&partid=18632
3. Next, take a look to see if the dirt container is installed properly. Make sure the dirt container is correctly, positioned and snapped into place. Also, check that the upper and lower halves of the dirt container are latched together properly.
4. The hose may not be seated properly. Make sure the hose is fully seated in the base the on the right-hand side of the back of the vacuum.
5. Your hose may have a hole or crack. Check the length of the hose for holes or cracks. If there are any, you can order a new hose by clicking here:
Still need help? Please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!