1. Your carpet cleaner’s heater will increase the water temperature by 25°. Always use hot tap water in the bladder—not boiling water or water heated in the microwave—to prevent from overheating.
2. Check to make sure both the heater & power switches are turned on.
3. Allow the heater to warm up for approximately 1 minute before you start cleaning.
4. If that doesn’t work, refill the bladder with cool tap water and set to the ‘Tools’ setting on the Custom Clean Dial. Let the unit heat up for approximately 1 minute and then press the trigger on the hose. If the hose sprays hot water, then your heater should be working.
5. If the heater still doesn’t heat the water, at this point it might be best to take your cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.