1. Let’s start by checking the filter to make sure it’s not installed upside down.
2. Make sure the filter is clean. If it’s not, remove it and soak it in hot water for 30 minutes.
3. Check the O-ring for proper placement. Remove flow indicator cap, and check for the O-ring, which is found at the top. If it’s not there, you can order it by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/flow-indicator-oring-2106214?productid=79011
4. Now let’s check the flow indicator cap for cracks. If you find any, you’ll need to replace it. You can do so by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/flow-indicator-assembly-for-upright-deep-cleaners-5556503?productid=79011
5. The flow indicator cap might not be screwed down tightly enough. Turn the machine on, press the trigger on the upper handle and then tighten the flow cap while holding the trigger down. This will increase the seal in the cap.
6. If the flow indicator still won’t spin, please take your carpet cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-263-2535, available 24 hours a day.