1) Check the filter to ensure it is pushed securely onto the unit.
2) Check the connecter on the filter. If it is broken off inside the receiver, you can attempt to remove the broken piece from the receiver by using a tiny screwdriver. NOTE: UNPLUG THE MACHINE PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING REMOVAL OF BROKEN CONNECTOR. The filter is not a warranty part. If you cannot remove this, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center for assistance.
3) Check the filter for cracks or damage. Replace filter if needed.
4) Ensure the o-ring is in place. If missing, a new filter needs to be ordered.
5) If the o-ring is in place, check for deformity. If you are using anything in addition to water in the tank, this will deform the o-ring. Vinegar will cause deformity. Other solutions may cause breakdown of the o-ring and/or other parts of the machine. Per the manual, ONLY water is to be used to fill the tank.
If you continue to experience difficulty with your machine, please take your machine for inspection to a local Service Center. To locate a Service Center go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Support tab. Enter your zip code to perform the search.
If you would like assistance by phone, please call us at 1-800-263-2535, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.