- Make sure the collection tank is locked into the unit. You should be able to hear/feel the tank “snap” into place.
- If the collection tank will not lock into place; check the stem on the back of the collection tank near the top. Is it broken? If no, Check the “U” shaped receiving clip which holds the collection tank in place. Is it broken?
- If collection tank clip is broken, a replacement collection tank can be ordered from BISSELL Consumer Services either online at www.bissell.com or by phone at 1-800-263-2535 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- If U-clip is broken, you will want to contact your nearest Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
- If the collection tank locks properly, check to see if the solution tank is leaking. The ball valve (silver ball bearing) on the bottom of the tank may be missing and a replacement tank would be needed.
If these suggestions do not resolve the issue, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Center tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box on the right of the page to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-263-2535 and choosing option #1.