- Check to ensure that the pump belt and brush belt are intact and installed according to the instructions provided in the User's Guide. The pump belt is located under the belt access door on the side of the machine. This belt should be looped around the red pulley and the silver motor shaft.
To check the brush belt, please follow these directions:
- Turn the machine OFF and unplug from the wall outlet.
- Step on the handle release pedal to lay the handle down on the floor.
- Remove the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle and set them aside.
- Turn the machine over to expose the brush.
- Look for the red retainer plates, which hold the black brush arms in place. Remove the two Phillips head screws to access the toothed brush belt. Check to ensure the belt is intact and looped around the brush end, as well as the red pulley with the ridges.
- Inspect brush, brush arms, red brush arm retainers and red pulley for damage and replace parts if applicable.
- Remove any dirt or debris from the brush assembly. Note: The brush will continue to rotate when the machine is on, even when set to the Tools/PreTreat setting.
If you require additional assistance, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services at 1-800-263-2535, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET.