1. Ensure the dirt container has been emptied.
2. Remove the lower portion by pressing the front and back latches on the upper portion of the canister.
3. Clean the screen with a cloth or soft brush to remove dust or debris.
4. If desired, the lower dirt container may be washed in warm water. Make sure it is completely dry before reassembling.
5. To reassemble, hold the carry handle and place the upper portion into the lower portion, lining up the front and back latches. Push down until both latches click into place. Make sure the dirt container is securely assembled before replacing it on machine.