10 Clever Cleaning Tips
by Susan and Janice from 5 Minutes for Mom
Do you want to save time cleaning? Do you want to learn some brilliant housecleaning tricks using natural products you already have around your house?
Check out these 10 clever cleaning tips…
- Use newspaper instead of paper towel when cleaning windows. The newspaper works wonders and doesn’t leave streaks. Plus you’ll save money.
- Use a vacuum extension tool to dust blinds and lampshades and even the inside of drawers.
- Freshen up your sponges in the microwave with lemon. Simply wet the sponge with lemon water and then microwave on high for a minute.
- Put half an apple or an apple core out while cooking to absorb any unpleasant food odors such as fish. Simply cut an apple in half and leave it next to the stove while you cook.
- To freshen carpet – especially to eliminate pet odor – sprinkle a carpet deodorizer on the carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum it up.
- Put a handful of ice cubes, a few shakes of baking soda and a lemon down your garbage disposal to clean and deodorize.
- Use salt and ice cubes in your coffee pot to get rid of the coffee stains by swirling them around for a bit.
- Add a touch of vinegar to your laundry load of towels to freshen.
- Make cleaning a messy microwave simple by heating a bowl of water with lemon wedges for 3 to 5 minutes, let sit for 5 minutes then wipe with paper towels moistened with the boiled lemon water.
- Keep a spray bottle with half water half vinegar handy in your bathroom and by your kitchen sink for quick cleaning. Adding orange or lemon peels will add a citrus scent.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/
< Back to Everyday Messes