EV675 Multi-Surface Robotic Vacuum Holiday Contest Rules (3)
presented by BISSELL Canada
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: EV675 Multi-Surface Robotic Vacuum Holiday Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, at the time of entry. Employees of BISSELL Canada, and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win any prize. Void where prohibited. By entering the Contest, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Administrator, which are final and binding in its sole discretion.
- SPONSOR: BISSELL Canada, 2100 Derry Road West, Mississauga, ON L5N OB3.
- ADMINISTRATOR: BISSELL Canada, 2100 Derry Road West, Mississauga, ON L5N OB3.
- AGREEMENT ON OFFICIAL RULES: By entering and participating in this Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest in their sole discretion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules and complying with all of Sponsor’s and Administrator’s requests during the verification process.
- TIMING: The Contest begins on December 19th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on December 29st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, you can enter by posting comments/stories, sharing a picture of your pet, and responding accordingly in the Sponsor’s Instagram post requesting entries. Sponsor will publish a post on Instagram requesting entries on December 19th.
To be eligible to win a prize, entrants must comply with the Sponsor’s social media requests to be posted by the Sponsor on its Instagram page during this Contest Period. Limit one entry per person. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS CONTEST AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM. Any entrant that uses fraudulent methods to enter this Contest or circumvent the rules may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Administrator. All entries are subject to the Entry Content Restrictions set out below. Decisions of the Administrator are final on all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determining winners and awarding prizes. In the event of a dispute regarding an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Instagram account utilized at the time of entry, provided that the entrant meets all the eligibility requirement set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to a Instagram Account. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator.
Entry Content Restrictions
All submissions, posts, pictures, images, stories, entries or any content whatsoever posted or submitted to the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s Instagram or social media page(s), entrants’ social media pages or anywhere else in order to enter this Contest must not contain any material that, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- violates or infringes another person’s rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights;
- contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual that promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or age;
- contains or displays any commercial/corporate advertising;
- contains indecent, violent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous;
- references or depicts persons or organizations without their permission;
- disparages any persons or organizations;
- includes threats to any person, place, business or group; or
- is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any federal, provincial, territorial or local law or regulation.
Failure of any entry to comply with any of the above Entry Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of an entrant. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that, in its sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, this Contest or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law.
- WINNER SELECTION: Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received during the Prize Period. Potential winners will be randomly selected by the Sponsor within 7 days of the close of the Prize Period. If there are no eligible entries received during the Prize Period, Administrator reserves the right not to give away the prize available during the Prize Period. Potential winners will be notified through Instagram at the account used to enter this Contest. Potential winners must respond to the Administrator’s winner notification e-mail within 48 hours of receipt and provide their contact information (first and last name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address). If a potential winner does not respond to the Administrator’s message within 48 hours of receipt, then the potential winner will forfeit their prize and another potential winner will be chosen at random from remaining eligible entries received during the Prize Period.
PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential winner will be selected as set out above. There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of: a BISSELL EV675 Multi-Surface Robotic Vacuum, Reg Price: $449.99
- No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. All prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or any portion of any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all prize-related expenses will be the sole responsibility of winners. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Prize Period.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Potential winners will be required, as a condition to winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, via social media or by telephone, in the Sponsor’s discretion.
- WINNER REQUIREMENTS: Receiving a prize in this Contest is contingent upon compliance with all of these Official Rules. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of a prize by winners is permitted. All federal, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply. All potential winners must sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release form ("Winner Release") within fourteen (14) days of first attempted notification by Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Sponsor’s Winner Release form within the required time period or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Prize Period.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
Any violation of these rules by an entrant may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Contest. All questions, comments or complaints must be directed to Administrator.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PUBLICITY AND ENTRANT INFORMATION: By participating in this Contest , entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. By entering this Contest , entrants grant Sponsor the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, world-wide, non-exclusive right and license (except where prohibited by law) to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and transmit the Entry details throughout the world in any manner, form or format now or hereinafter created and for any purpose without further payment to or consent from You. All Entries become the property of Sponsor.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court in Kent County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest , but in no event lawyers’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive, all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest , shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A.
- RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest , without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest .
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor or Administrator. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- WINNER LIST: For the name of the Winner(s), available after January 9, 2020, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: BISSELL Canada, 2100 Derry Road West, Mississauga, ON L5N 0B3 to be received by January 16, 2020.