If you are experiencing trouble with your vacuum picking up well, you may need to check the brush and belt. We'll guide you through the process.
You will need a Philips screwdriver.
- Start by unplugging your machine.
- Lay the vacuum down to the ground to expose the brush roll.
- Use your Philips screwdriver to remove the 6 screws hold the brush cover.
- Then lift the brush cover off the vacuum.
- Grab both ends of the brush and lift straight out of the vacuum. Then slip the brush off the belt.
- Remove the belt from the motor pulley if needed.
- To inspect the brush roll, set it on its end and spin it by flicking once. If it doesn't spin freely, it is time to replace your brush roll.
- Inspect your belt, if it is broken or damaged it will need to be replaced.
- Place the new belt over the motor pulley and stretch the other end over the brush roll.
- Replace the brush roll by placing the belt-side of the brush in first, then turning the other end until it slides into place.
- When the brush roll is in, turn it to align the belt.
- Then replace the bottom cover and reinsert the 6 screws using your Philips screwdriver.
These few steps should ensure your brush and belt is working properly.