- Start by turning off and unplugging your machine.
- Before you begin, you will need a Phillips screwdriver
- First make sure the variable suction valve is at the right setting
- For full suction, turn the valve left until arrow aligns with the + graphic
- Next make sure the dirt tank is seated properly
- Push the tank release button and pull the tank outward
- To correctly attach the tank, place the front of the tank first and push back until you hear a click
- Next check your hose for any cracks or holes
- Remove the lower end of the hose by pulling it out of the base
- Now remove the two screws at the top end of the hose to fully detach it
- Use a broomstick handle by pushing through the opening of the hose to clear any potential clogs
- Make sure the hose is secure in the base
- Check if there is a clog in the machine. With the tank removed inspect the suction inlet for any debris
- The filters may need to be cleaned, refer to our How to Clean the Filters video for a step by step guide
- To check the belt and brushroll, lay the vacuum, tank side down, to expose the brush roll
- Remove the 7 screws from the brush cover using your Phillips screwdriver. Then lift the cover off the vacuum
- Grab both ends of the brush and slide off the belt to remove it
- Clear any debris on the brush roll or in the brush housing area and empty into a trash bin
- To inspect the brush roll, set it on its end and spin it by flicking it once. If it doesn’t spin freely it is time to replace your brush roll
- Inspect your belt, if it is broken or damaged it will need to be replaced.
While the brush roll and belt are removed you can check for a clog in the lower hose.
Pull the lower end of the upper hose out of the lower hose
Now remove the two screws on the lower hose with a phillips screwdriver
With the screws removed, and the lower hose straightened, use a broomstick handle to push through the opening of the hose to clear any potential clogs.
Once the lower hose is cleared, reattach it to the base with the two screws and insert the upper hose back into the lower hose
Place the belt over the motor gear and stretch the other end over the brush roll
Attach the brush roll by placing the belt-side of the brush in first, then turning the other end until it slides into place
When the brush roll is in, turn it to align the belt
Replace the bottom cover by reinserting the 7 screws using your Phillips screwdriver
We hope these few tips bring the suction back to your PowerGlide® Pet.