If you need to perform any maintenance or clean the brush roll, these steps will help.
- First, make sure the vacuum is unplugged
- Place the vacuum upside down with the brush roll facing upwards
- Remove the 5 screws using a Phillips screwdriver
- Lift off the brush cover and grasp the floor brush at both ends to lift it out.
- Clean debris from the brush roll, motor pulley, and drive belt as needed. If the brush roll is worn, replace as needed
- Test the brushroll by holding one end and spinning. It should spin several revolutions smoothly with one flick. If not, the brushroll will need to be replaced
- Check the air passageway for any obstructions
- Separate the hose from the hose wand base to look through the hose for any clogs. You may need to remove debris from this area as well.
- When finished cleaning, align the brush roll with the belt by turning by hand several times in the direction of the motor to align the belt on the floor brush
- Finally, replace the brush cover and 5 screws using a Philips screw driver.
That’s it! We hope you found these tips useful and you can get back to cleaning.