If the Brush Roll stops rotating, there are a few fixes you can try.
- The Brush Roll switch may be turned OFF. To turn it ON, simply push the brush roll button to the ‘ON’ position
- The vacuum may be locked in the upright position. When the vacuum is in the upright position the Brush Roll won’t rotate. Recline the vacuum and switch the Brush Roll button ON.
- If you’re vacuuming on Premium Soft Carpet and the Brush Roll isn’t rotating, you may have stalled the brush motor. To fix, you’ll need to set the Floor Type Setting to more plush carpet. To reset, make sure the vacuum is turned OFF. Unplug it then plug it back in and turn it ON
- The Brush Roll may have lodged debris or other entanglements keeping it from rotating
- To fix, remove the Brush Roll and inspect it. Here’s how
- First, make sure your vacuum is turned OFF
- Turn vacuum over and use a Phillips-head screw driver to unscrew the 9 screws on the bottom of the base so you can remove the bottom cover
- Pull the roller straight out and slide the belt off the motor gear
- Inspect the Brush Roll by putting it on its end and spinning it. It should spin freely, multiple times with one flick
- If it doesn’t, you’ll have to replace the Brush Roll
- You should also check the belt for damage and replace it if necessary
- To place the belt back on the Brush Roll, pinch the belt around the brush and hook back around the motor gear
- Now you can re-attach the cover with the 9 screws. Plug back in to reset your brush motor. It should now rotate when on and reclined
We hope these tips helped and your brush roll is rotating properly!