If you need to replace the brush roll or belt on your Pet Hair Eraser® Lift-Off®, follow these simple steps.
- First, make sure your vacuum is turned off and unplugged.
- Then press the foot to recline the machine and lay it face down with the brush roll up
- Using a Philips head screw driver, unscrew the 10 screws on the bottom of the base and remove the bottom cover
- Pull the roller straight out, hold it perpendicular to the foot, and slide the belt off the motor gear
- You should now inspect the brush roll by placing it on its end and letting it spin. The brush roll should spin freely, multiple times with one flick. If it doesn’t, the brush roll should be replaced.
- During this time, you should also inspect the belt. If it appears to be damaged, you should replace as well
- To place the belt back on the brush roll, pinch the belt around the brush and hook back around the motor gear
- Next, rotate the brush roll into place and line up the end caps
- Now you may re-attach the cover with the 10 screws
That’s it! You may now get back to cleaning.