Valentine’s Day is all about showing the most important people–and pets–in your life how much you love and appreciate them. While Feb. 14 is most often observed as a holiday for couples, more and more people are using the day as an excuse to celebrate friendship, family and even their four-legged companions. According to linkdex.com, more than 20 percent of consumers will spend money on their pets for Valentine’s Day. That’s a lot of puppy love!
Our furry companions bring so much joy to our lives and are always showing how much they love us. So let’s make 2017 the year we show our pets just how much we love them back on Valentine’s Day!
- Give them a little more of what they love:
- A Valentine’s Day surprise doesn’t need to be a grand gesture. Pets will love something as simple as an extra walk, a special treat, extra play time in the backyard or a trip to the dog park. Show them that while they may not be a traditional Valentine, they’re your perfect companion.
- Pamper your pooch:
- Make your dog feel extra special with a fresh shampoo, haircut and nail trimming. Keeping your dog groomed is not only nice for your dog, it helps prevent mats, keeps your house smelling fresh and more. There are several chains, such as dogtopia, that are ready to pamper your pooch this Valentine’s Day.
- Share a photo of your sweetheart:
- Share a cute photo or story about your furry valentine with your social media followers. Often, others will join in with pics of their own pooches. It’s a good way to bond with other like-minded dog lovers, especially those pet owners who might be feeling lonely on this day!
- Extra treats:
- We all know the true way to a dog’s heart. Give them an extra serving of their favorite treat. You can buy treats at the store, or give them a dollop of peanut butter, an extra piece of bacon or try a homemade recipe.
No matter how you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your pup, make sure to focus on quality time. Dogs really are the best snugglers!