Winter can be long and cold; both for us and for our pets. Are you and your pets finding yourselves spending more time inside this winter? Why not spoil your cat or dog by doing something special with them? Here are some fun ideas:
- Get down on the floor to play with your cat or dog. Wrestle, give them some quality belly rubs, and throw a toy. Turn off your TV and spend some time petting or brushing your pet.
- If you leave them home alone try turning Animal Planet on TV for them to watch, some pets love to hear all the animal noises.
- Give your dog a special snack in a puzzle toy. Not only do puzzles use up a lot of their energy, but dogs love to be challenged. It’s important to stimulate your dog’s brain in fun and exciting ways.
- Prepare your pets a healthy meal. Treat them so something new and different. Here are some fun recipe ideas.
- If it’s not too cold out, get your dog outside to frolic in the snow. Throw snowballs and play pretend fetch. Some dogs love to be outside, even if it’s cold
Keep your pets from getting bored this winter and spend some time spoiling them. After all, we all deserved to be spoiled every now and then.