We don’t know about you but, we love the start of summer! Graduation parties are in full swing, pools are open, backyard BBQs are scheduled regularly, and the sun stays up past 7 PM; which gives us all a good reason to celebrate.
Throwing parties can be so fun, but also exhausting. Here are some awesome tips that can help you keep the parties rolling without feeling overwhelmed by a mess in the making.
Before the party starts:
- Do the dishes: Or enlist someone to help! One of the easier tasks when hosting a party is prepping and cleaning up ahead of time. If you can cook the food the day before then you can also clean up the mess created while slaving away in the kitchen. Get those pots and pans cleaned and put away, and run and empty the dishwasher.
- Place waste baskets in sight: Encourage guests to throw their trash away by placing trash bins strategically around the party space. That way, your work has already started before the party comes to an end. Collapsible laundry hampers with garbage bags work just as well as regular bins, and they’re easy to store once the party’s over.
- Top the table: Buy disposable tablecloths that you can throw over tables and kitchen counter tops. Messes can be easily disposed of after the party and you won’t have to spend time wiping everything down.
- Clean: We know, it sounds like twice the work to have to clean up before and after a party, but trust us, it will save you time in the long run. If you have a clean slate before guests arrive, the post-party cleanup will be much less time consuming. This doesn’t mean you have to deep clean your house, just spend some time organizing the counter tops, cleaning up the entry, and tidying up any items around the home.
During the party:
- Organize the mess: As trays and bowls empty out and your delicious food gets devoured, start to stack the remains in the sink. You don’t want to clean up too much during the party, that may make guests uncomfortable, but organizing dirty dishes is acceptable.
- Store leftovers: When it appears that your guests are finished eating you can put away the perishable leftovers; but leave some snacks out just in case anyone gets hungry.
- Spray the stains away: It is inevitable that something will spill during a party. Try not to panic. We (the wonderful people at BISSELL) are here to help. We have a solution (literally) that will amaze you and your guests. Our favorite stain remover instantly and permanently removes tough stains like, red wine, fruit juice, soda, food grease, and much more, and did we mention it leaves a long-lasting fresh scent?
When the last guest leaves:
- Pour a drink: This is a must! While you clean up you should also enjoy yourself.
- Take out the garbage: There are few things worse than waking up to a smelly house due to leftover food and drinks. Tie up those garbage bags and toss them out so that when you wake up your house smells fresh and clean.
- Tackle the floor: Guests track dirt, food crumbs, and other debris into the house, so it’s important to vacuum high-traffic areas after a get-together. If you have hardwood floors and area rugs use the CrossWave, which will vacuum and wash your floors at the same time. It is a serious time-saver – you can thank us later. Also the formula put down has a fresh scent, so that’s a bonus.
With these party cleaning tips, you’ll enjoy yourself a lot more knowing you’ve got smart ways to tackle the chaos once the final guest has gone home. Cheers to clean!